Article V – Executive Board of Officers
Section 1. The Executive Board and inherent duties of each office are defined as follows:
- President – The president shall chair all League meetings and Board meetings and shall act as the official representative and spokesperson of the League unless that responsibility is delegated by the president, the League membership, or these Bylaws to another person. The president shall prepare the agenda for all board meetings. The president is an ex-officio member of all committees.
- First Vice President – The vice president shall be responsible for arranging guest speakers and other programs to be featured at membership meetings. The vice president shall also assist the president in the execution of presidential responsibilities and act on behalf of the president during the president’s absence or inability to attend to duties.
- Second Vice President – The second vice president is responsible for coordinating all social activities of the League with the assistance of the Social Committee. The second vice president shall assist the first vice president in the execution of their duties and act on behalf of the first vice president during their absence or inability to attend to duties.
- Treasurer – The treasurer shall have custody of all funds of the League and deposit same in the name of the League in such federally insured bank or banks as the Board may choose. The treasurer shall prepare and present an annual budget for the approval of the Board at the January board meeting and the League at the general meeting. The treasurer shall prepare and present an accounting of all receipts and disbursements in a monthly report the Board and to the League, and shall deliver an annual report to the League at the November meeting. The treasurer shall collect and record all dues and monitor/maintain a League membership roster.
- Recording Secretary – The secretary will record and maintain minutes of all Board and general membership meetings and submit them to the respective bodies for approval, provide copies of minutes to Board members prior to the meetings at which they are to be approved and maintain the minutes of the league in good order, transferring them to the secretary’s success upon election. The secretary shall notify Board members of the time and place of board meetings and shall provide agendas for all regularly scheduled board and membership meetings. The secretary will publish said minutes in the League newsletter.
- Corresponding Secretary – The corresponding secretary will maintain the files of all incoming and outgoing written correspondence from the League.
- General Area Chairman – The general area chairman will head the community improvement committee.
- Chaplain – The chaplain will open all general meetings with a prayer.
Section 2. The Board shall:
- Assist in guiding the League toward the achievement of its objectives outlined in Article II.
- Be responsible for coordinating the activities of the League and its committees.
- Prepare the agenda for all regular League meetings.
Section 3. No officer or member of the League shall represent the League in any matter without prior approval of the Board.
Section 4. Any officer, who fails to attend three consecutive League or Board meetings without good cause, may be removed from office in accordance with Section 5 of this article.
Section 5. Any officer who fails to perform the duties of such office may be removed, following 15 days written notice from the Board, by a two-thirds vote of the members present and voting at the next League meeting.
Section 6. Interim vacancies of an office will be appointed by the board until a special election at the next League meeting, following notice in the newsletter.
Article VI – Committees
Section 1. The League shall be supported by two standing committees:
- Community Improvement
- Beautification/ Green Initiative.
Section 2. Special Committees may be appointed by the board.
Article VII – Election of Officers
- At the September meeting the President shall appoint a Nomination Committee of not less than two or more than four members.
- The slate offered by the Nominating Committee shall be delivered to the membership along with the announcement of the November meeting. Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the November meeting.
- The officers shall be elected annually at the regular November meeting by voice vote. A quorum of the membership must be present at this November meeting and a simple majority of those present will elect. Any officer may succeed himself.
- The duly elected officers shall be installed at the November meeting or a called December meeting.
Article VIII – Finances
Section 1. All expenditures in excess of $100.00 shall be contained in a membership approved budget or approved in advance by the membership at meeting. All expenditures shall be approved in advance by the Board.
Section 2. All checks shall be signed by the President and the Treasurer.
Section 3 Claims for expenses incurred on behalf of the League must be submitted to the treasurer within 45 days of the day the expense was incurred. Original or a replica of the receipt must accompany the claim or the claim will not be reimbursed under any circumstances .
Section 4. The treasurer’s books shall be audited annually in November by an ad hoc committee of at least two members. The results of the audit will be announced no later than at the January board and general meeting.