On behalf of the Lake Whitehurst West Civic League, I’m excited to invite you to join us!
Formerly known as the Meadowbrook Forest/Meadowbrook Terrace/Hunt Club Civic League, the league was founded in 1956. In 2013, several area residents have come together to rebuild the organization under the name of Lakewhitehurst West Civic League, which now encompasses residents in the original neighborhoods as well as in Water’s Edge.
The mission of the Lake Whitehurst West Civic League is to encourage and empower residents of diverse backgrounds and interests to work together in the development of a safe and healthy neighborhood.
Our Core Values are:
- Ensuring safe homes and streets.
- Supporting excellence in the maintenance of property values.
- Creating a positive, regenerative effect on our environment that avoids detrimental impacts.
- Providing a web-based organization with effective and efficient services that are responsive, inclusive, and neighborhood focused.
In our efforts to build a stronger sense of community, we have created this web site for all neighborhood residents to create a free online account, receive email updates from us, and join in the discussion on items of interest to our neighborhoods.
We hold regular monthly meetings on the third Tuesday of each month (with the exception of the summer months) at Larrymore Elementary School. All residents, be they homeowners or renters, are invited to attend .
We work with the City on a number of environmental, development, and public safety programs designed to improve our space. And we host some fun social events such as our summer picnic, a Holiday Social, and a neighborhood-wide yard sale.
Here’s how you can play a role in furthering these goals that benefit all:
1. Join the Civic League. Dues are only $15 per year per household. You can download, print, and complete an application here. Soon, you will also be able to pay your dues online.
2. Create your user account on our web site to receive regular updates and valuable information, meeting announcements, and access to our discussion boards. This newsletter will be the only printed bulletin we will distribute. From this point forward, all notifications and information will be distributed via our web site and email.
3. Come to our meetings to meet your neighbors, learn from our speakers, and discuss neighborhood issues. We look forward to your involvement and meeting you! Please feel free to contact any of our board members for more information.
Eric Hause, President